I am a big fan of this recipe. It was crispy, yet soft, all brought together by this amazing cheesy crunchy parmesan crust. It was just… so… amazingly… delicious.
I used more cheese than the recipe called for (because, really, when is having something extra cheesy a real issue?) and I used the grated Parmesan cheese in baggie, not the plastic jar. I suspect it was the excess cheese that made the beans themselves a little less crispy, but the wonderful thing that happened instead was a crunchy in-between-the-edamame-beans cheese crust that was just exquisite. It almost reminded me of an edamame/cheese brittle.
And the other great thing? All it is is edamame, Parmesan cheese and a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. So, not only was it amazing, but it was simple too! 😀
Crispy Edamame by Sophia Candrasa
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the edamame into a colander and rinse under cold water to thaw. Drain.
- Spread the edamame beans into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is crispy and golden, about 15 minutes.”