If you’re in the market for a healthy and unique side dish, this Black Bean and Corn Salad might just fit the bill. The spicy tang of fresh raw onions is accompanied by an intriguing mixture of a sweet honey and a slightly tart vinegar taste, while black beans and corn contribute a vaguely Latin influence. Ultimately this salad is a delightful melting pot of flavors combined to give you a one of a kind experience.
by Prevention Magazine
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, parsley, onions, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and honey or brown sugar. Let the salad marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 salad plates; spoon the salad over the lettuce.”